|Health *||NG: 2208|
|Souls *||NG: 10,000|
|* Recorded in PATCH 1.5|
Hellkite Wyvern Information
Also referred to as a combination of Bridge/Hellkite/Red, and Dragon/Drake/Wyvern.
The Hellkite Wyvern is first encountered after the Taurus Demon in the Undead Burg area. After climbing up down one flight of stairs, look across the bridge to see several undead waiting for you. If you run across the bridge at full speed with shield up at a light weight (less than 25% of your equip burden), you can make it all the way to the midpoint of the bridge without getting hit by his fire breath and duck into an area on the right side that lets you activate the first shortcut in the game (a ladder down to your previous bonfire). If you walk across the side of the bridge (without running) you can sneak to the midpoint without getting burned by the dragon as well. This is confirmed to work on both NG and NG+ of the PtdE. If you're having a trouble getting past him there is another method, get to the staircase on the right side of the bridge. Poke out a little into his line of sight in order to get him to kill the Undead, the second you see him get ready to attack run back down the stairs. Once he's back to his usual spot get around the rails and up against the wall. This wall will protect you from his fire attacks, if he doesn't come down to strike you try shooting him with a bow. He'll either shoot fire or fly towards you, you want him to fly towards you for an attack. Once he does run past him as fast as you can, don't worry about the items because once you light the Bonfire right under him you'll be able to get those items much easier. The only thing you'll need to worry about is the flying back + shooting fire attack and his tail. To make this easier destroy his tail on the platform under him where you have a clear shot at his tail.
Note: Before glitch killing for 10,000 souls, ensure that you have farmed the 555souls you receive for just walking up the mid bridge stairs until it is obsolete. I have recorded 10 souls per second which helped me quickly buy next level magic and levels to move onto the next zone. You may be surprised how quick 10k goes when you kill him vs farming for much more.
- After the 1.05 Patch: Shooting it from behind with one arrow can make it vanish into thin air, but it will come back during a later visit. No souls are rewarded for this.
- The Wyvern can also be attacked from behind the gate that leads to the Sunlight Altar. Approach from the rats or from the Undead Church, to prevent the dragon from flying away. Go to the top of the first stairs, where the undead soldier awaits, then turn around and walk along the ledge above the staircase. Do an overhead attack against the wall, right above the gate, and it should hit the wing of the wyvern. Alternatively, jump across to the small ledge on the other side of the staircase, where any attack should be able to hit it.
- Killing the Hellkite Wyvern, either normally or through a glitch, will reward you with 10,000 souls (50,000 on NG+). This is more than enough to catapult a character at low level up to be much more competitive with the monsters you are about to face.
- If you destroy the creature's tail by shooting at it with your bow, you can obtain the Drake Sword, a favorite starting weapon of many players, which has a base attack rating of 200. You can shoot his tail from below the bridge with a short bow to break it. It takes 28 shots using regular wooden arrows or 13 Big Arrows with a Regular Short Bow using regular wooden arrows (done with minimum possible stats to use bow). Stand underneath the bridge, kill the couple enemies lurking around, and take your time shooting his tail. Each shot, he'll fly down to the bridge and stomp around before flying back to his perch. The Drake Sword will appear in your inventory when his tail is destroyed. (Note: when playing a low Dex build, this can be done with about 25-30 shots of Normal Bolts from the Light Crossbow too, but bring about 10 extra. Since you cannot aim crossbows as you can with bows, it takes a bit of adjusting the character position, player cam, and test shots to line up everything properly.)
- Killing the Hellkite Wyvern allows you to teleport to the Sunlight Altar bonfire after placing the Lordvessel. (Maybe outdated information, the bonfirecan be warped to regardless of whether or not the Wyvern is alive)
With a strong enough weapon and a bit of sprint/dodging:
First agitate the dragon into blasting the bridge with fire killing off all the hollows, easy enough with a bow.
From the top of the stairs fire an arrow at the Wyvern and then switching back to your main weapon, run forward to where he should land. Once you're close enough hack away since if you're behind his claws his breath won't hit you. Once he leaps up into the air run back in the opposite direction to where he'll land and continue hitting away, repeat as necessary. I did this with a +2 Lightning Halberd and he only got to fly about once.
Note: the Wyvern is completely immune to fire, meaning Fire/Chaos weapons will deal limited damage.
Ways to kill/pass the Hellkite Wyvern without directly engaging it:
- Use a bow to aim spells at his head from under the bridge near the rat tunnel. If you can get past the Wyvern as explained above and join the Warrior of Sunlight then Lightning Spear can kill the Wyvern in 5-7 hits. This strat is good for faith users, and it may also be helpful for int-magic users. Same can be done with Soul Arrow/Heavy Soul Arrow. This is by far the easiest technique.
- Shoot the Wyvern from under the bridge; first cutting off the tail then shooting the head/neck. At base stats needed for the Short Bow (purchased for 1,000 souls from Undead Merchant (Male)) it will take roughly 350-400 arrows to take him down. (The Wyven will start to heal itself after a while. While it is healing it will hold its left wing over its head to protect itself.) After 1.05 patch. It looks like Wyvern cannot be killed any more with low level bows. No matter how many arrows you shoot, he keeps regenerating himself. If your bow deals about 120 damage per hit, there is a chance of beating him; it seems his regenerating ability is too strong -keeping him at about 60% heal. The Wyvern has a different animation for when it heals its damage, it will raise its wings as if its covering/licking its wings. It only does this while standing on top of the gate that leads to the bonfire. I was able to kill the Wyvern with a +5 Short Bow and a combination of poison and wooden arrows, if you only have wooden or standard arrows, save your arrows until you have access to poison arrows.
- Shoot the wyvern's tail from below the bridge to obtain the Drake Sword. equip the drake sword as your 2nd right hand weapon. stand at the top of the stairs without causing him to breathe fire, shoot an arrow at his head/neck (this will cause him to jump down onto the bridge) quickly swap to the drake sword and hold with both hands while running into the center of the bridge and swing your sword. If you time it correctly, by time you swing your sword you will hit his head as he roars. now be quick and sprint back down the stairs. It will take a little practice but when you have it down you wont take any damage. it only takes about 10 of these to do the job.
- Note: it is possible to run past the wyvern if the player is able to roll between its legs when it lands on the bridge. This allows the player to use the bonfire across the bridge and open the gate to the Undead Parish. Be warned: the drake will fly away after you make it through, but it will keep returning to the bridge until destroyed. This means that the direct route across the bridge is still dangerous.
- If you have the Master Key, you can access the bridge, dragon free, by never walking up the stairs in Undead Burg where you first see the dragon. Instead, take the route Firelink Shrine -> New Londo Ruins -> Darkroot Basin -> Darkroot Garden -> Undead Parish -> Undead Burg. The route is dangerous this early on, and includes outrunning enemies much of the time, so you may want to remove armor during the New Londo and Darkroot sections.
- This is a NG+ or late NG strat. Run to the beginning of the bridge opposite the dragon and equip your hawk ring. Equip your bow, with this you can hit him all the way from across the bridge. If you don't have arrows or this bow yet then you wil have to run a little up the bridge and shoot your long bow (+whatever level). He will land on the bridge and begin walking towards you. Run back to the arch way and shoot a few arrows at him. When he looks as if he is going to breathe fire run/dodge down the stairs on either side that lead to where you first met Solaire. Give him a second and he will turn around to start walking towards his perch again. Let him walk 4 to 5 steps then attack with your bow again until he close and rinse/repeat running down the stairs and back up attacking. The key is to make sure he doesn't get time to return to his perch and heal. You will be surprised how fast he goes down this way (confirmed on NG+)
- A good combination is the Red Tearstone Ring, Ring of the Sun's Firstborn and Great Lightning Spear. Let an enemy damage you to trigger the Red Tearstone Ring. Stand on the right side of the bridge where you would shoot the tail to acquire the Drake Sword (You can break it off in one hit). Aim for his right wing with a Lightning Spear. Repeat until dead. You'll want to use a bow-zoom to aim. Will go down in 5-6 hits. THIS WAS DONE ON NG+ with a SL 120 Character.
Black Hydra♦Black Phantom♦Butcher♦Fang Boar♦Giant Cat♦Giant Rat♦Golden Crystal Golem♦Havel The Rock♦hydra♦Ricard the Archer♦The Berenike Knights♦The Black Knight♦The Channeler♦Titanite Demon♦Undead Dragon
You can shoot his tail from below the bridge with a short bow to break it. It takes 28 shots using regular wooden arrows or 13 Big Arrows with a Regular Short Bow using regular wooden arrows (done with minimum possible stats to use bow).
If you continue shooting the wyvern's tail, after 20 or so shots (determined by your weapon damage stats and the size of your arrows) you will see a screen prompt saying you have received the Drake Sword. Congratulations!
Into torching the few skeletons that are on the bridge particularly the archers and that'll make
It's perfectly suitable weapon for early game dealing 200 damage. To reach 200 damage with Uchigatana, you'd need +5 upgrade and 26 DEX, or +10 upg.
The Bridge Wyvern is the official name of this dragon. As far as I know, it will never re-locate and will impede your passage on one end of the bridge or the other. On the first playthrough, the Wyvern has 2208 HP. It would take you a while to pelt him down with arrows, but it is viable.
12_How to Run Past Red Dragon (Dark Souls) - YouTube
To do this you need to manipulate the dragon to come and guard the bridge. So head towards the bridge and start to cross it but don't go too far. You'll hear the dragon approach and be ready to turn the other way as the dragon will start spewing fire that will damage you drastically.
You can aim with the crossbow, but you're going to need some binoculars first. Get your crossbow ready, use your binoculars to aim at a target and fire without moving your character. Take out your bow and press L1. Easy as that.
Dark Souls Walkthrough - How to Find the Drake Sword - YouTube
The Drake Sword can be upgraded, but most players would advise against doing so, as it requires Dragon Scales -- a somewhat rare in-game item that can be better spent on upgrading much greater weapons later. It's best to use the sword in its base-level form.
When wielded with both hands, the strong attack unleashes a ranged vertical cleave (similar to the Stormruler from Demon's Souls) at the cost of 30 weapon durability. Frequent use of this technique can break the sword. Like most dragon weapons, the Drake Sword cannot be enchanted.
Upon initial encounter, it is worth attempting to attack the Hellkite Drake's tail, as cutting off its tail will grant the player the Drake Sword, which is a strong early-game weapon.
This greataxe, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by the tail of the one-eyed black dragon Kalameet, the last of the ancient dragons. The mystical power of its obsidian blade will be released when held with both hands.
The Zweihander can be found in the cementary where the The_Catacombs is. When you enter the cementary you will see a few skeletons and at least one giant skeleton. It can be found on the first grave you will find. You need 24 Strength and 8 Dexterity to wield.
The Wyvern will attack you as soon as you reach a certain point on the bridge. It is advisable to sprint along the bridge and duck down the stairs to the right as quick as you can. If not you'll be severely burned by the Wyvern's highly dangerous fire attack, which will sap most - if not all - of your health.
Remember that the dragon can regenerate himself when his HP drop below half, so your damage-per-second must be able to overcome his regeneration. In NG, a bow damage of about 50 per shot can overcome his HP regeneration if you shoot consistent enough.
How to Cheese Flying Dragon Greyll in Elden Ring (Easy Kill) - YouTube
Drake is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Humanity increases the item discovery value; the more Humanity players have (up until 10 humanity), the higher the value is. Humanity also increases the power of Chaos weapons (up to 10 humanity) and Curse resistance (up to 30 humanity).
How To Run Past, Cut the Tail & Defeat Hellkite Dragon - YouTube
The Red Dragon will not respawn when killed.
A player can beat the tutorial boss in Demon's Souls but, even with victory, the relief will be short-lived as the consequences are equally punishing. Despite it being a pretty tough task to achieve, it is actually possible for players to beat the Vanguard Demon tutorial boss within Demon's Souls.
To sell items in Dark Souls, you need to approach an NPC called Kingseeker Frampt. He will be your guide for a significant portion of the game and will allow you to 'sell' items to him under fixed prices.
How To Aim Crossbow in Elden Ring (ADS) - YouTube
To perform this attack, get directly behind the enemy and without blocking press the RB/R1 button; your character will perform a backstab and be invulnerable to other enemy attacks during the backstab animation. TIP: Circling the enemy until they attack is a good method for non-boss enemies.
If it's only damaged or at risk you can fix it at a bonefire with a repair box and souls. If the weapon is actually broken then you need to go to andre, bone daddy, that magic smith in new londo, or giant friend and have one of them repair it.
Dark Souls Walkthrough - Getting The Drake Sword from the Red Dragon ...
How do i make hellkite dragon reappear? walk back out to the entrance where he first attacked you on the bridge. Turning back around and running towards the stairs will make him reappear. He always flies away when you get to the bonfire underneath him (use it).
- Initial equipment for Hunter.
- Sold by Undead Male Merchant for 1,000 souls.
- Dropped by Skeleton (bow).
- Dropped by Undead Archer.
The mystery key is located in the Undead Parish near the Big Boar. You need to go to the lower area that takes you to the other side of the gate and you will find the key there. Use this key to free Knight Lautrec in the Undead Church (before the Gargoyles). You can also use the Master Key to free him from his cell.
- Head back over the bridge and destroy the barrels in front of you. Drop down to attain a Large Soul of Lost Undead. ...
- You'll find hollows climb up the walls, take them out and proceed past the bridge. Be careful of an ambush, and proceed further down. ...
- Now, time for some backtracking.
There are two paths to bypass the dragon: upper and lower. We recommend taking the lower path first, then returning to clear the upper area after the next bonfire. Getting past the dragon is pretty easy. You can't tell from the actual fire breath where the danger zone is, and it's much smaller than it seems.
With 200 physical attack at the maximum upgrade level of +5, the Dragonrider Bow packs the most punch out of all the regular Bows. This power comes at a cost, however, as its Range stat is a middling 50 and is the heaviest normal Bow in the game.
Available to purchase (800 souls) from the Shrine Handmaid after giving her the Captain's Ashes obtained in the Painted World of Ariandel. 5 Millwood Greatarrows can be found at the corpse with Millwood Greatbow.
Often considered by many to be the worst bow in the game. It's magic damage, even when fully upgraded, is too low to be considered useful, it's arguably worsened by the split damage, and the only way to get any real damage is with the Moonlight Arrows.
If you've played Dark Souls before, the best gift is generally the Master Key. However, if this is your first time playing Dark Souls, or you're just not very good at Dark Souls games, you should opt for the Goddess's Blessing instead.
Upon death the Armored Tusks will not respawn.
The Mystery Key is an item sold by Bratty and Catty. Bratty and Catty describe it as "????? Probably to someone's house LOL." It unlocks the house adjacent to Napstablook's home.
We would recommend the Hunter as a starting class due to its excellent stats and the fact you start with a bow. The Warrior is also a solid choice though, and brings with it a better melee weapon and armour, though will have to settle for a mid-roll rather than a fast roll when dodging.
Bonfires. There is one bonfire in Undead Burg. Beyond the area where the Hellkite Dragon is first sighted, it is within the structural supporting pillar of the colossal bridge; the entrance of which is to the left of a Hollow Soldier wielding a crossbow.
Though intimidating, the Dragonslayer Armour fight is manageable with patience. This boss is not optional and must be defeated to progress to the Grand Archives.
The Dragonslayer Armour has a few parryable attacks, but will not become open for a riposte after successfully performing one. In the same manner, he can be staggered after sustaining enough consecutive hits, taking Instability damage for a short time, but will not become open for a riposte for this duration.
One of the enemies you will encounter in the first main area of the game is Lothric Wyvern. It is located in the High Wall of Lothric, near the second bonfire. Unlike most enemies you face in the game, you can not kill Lothric Wyvern the usual way.