Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (2022)

This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy.

It’s hard to improve on simple roasted Brussels sprouts, but a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a touch of honey bring the flavors to life.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (1)

Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts don’t need any embellishment; they are delicious as is. But I like to add a splash of balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of honey before serving to balance the bitterness of the sprouts and bring the flavors alive. Make extra — these are hard to stop eating!

What You’ll Need To Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (2)

When selecting Brussels sprouts, look for firm, bright green heads with tightly packed leaves. If you have your pick between large or small Brussels sprouts, go with the larger ones. While smaller sprouts are a bit sweeter and more tender, they cook too quickly and won’t brown as nicely.

Step-by-Step Instructions

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (3)

Begin by stemming and halving the Brussels sprouts. If you have some sprouts that are very large, cut them into quarters. They should all be cut about the same size to ensure even cooking.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (4)

Directly on a foil-lined baking sheet, toss the halved Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, and the pepper. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (5)

Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil, the balsamic vinegar and the honey over the roasted Brussels sprouts; toss to coat evenly.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (6)

Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (7)

YOu may also like

Servings: 6

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Ingredients

• 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, halved, stems and ragged outer leaves removed*
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon honey

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 425°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
  2. Directly on the prepared baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, and the pepper. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
  3. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of oil, the balsamic vinegar and the honey over the roasted Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat evenly. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve.
  4. *If you have some brussels sprouts that are very large, cut them into quarters. They should all be cut about the same size to ensure even cooking.

Nutrition Information

Powered by Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey (8)

• Per serving (6 servings)
  • Calories: 116
  • Fat: 7g
  • Saturated fat: 1g
  • Carbohydrates: 12g
  • Sugar: 4g
  • Fiber: 4g
  • Protein: 4g
  • Sodium: 321mg
  • Cholesterol: 0

Nutritional Data Disclaimer

This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.

Gluten-Free Adaptable Note

To the best of my knowledge, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are gluten-free or widely available in gluten-free versions. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free.

See more recipes:

• Dairy-Free
  • Gluten-Free Adaptable
  • Holidays
  • Most Popular
  • Vegetarian
  • American
  • Brussels Sprouts
  • Christmas
  • Fall
  • Honey
  • Thanksgiving
  • Winter

Comments

• Hi Jenn. Canadian Thanksgiving will be here in another week & I am planning on making these. Do you think I could make these earlier in the day & reheat? If so how would you recommend reheating? Thanks for your expert help as always!

• — Dana on September 28, 2022
    • Hi Dana, Yes, that will work. Just reheat them in a 350-degree oven when you’re ready to serve them (and wait to toss them with the remaining olive oil, balsamic, and honey until right before serving).

• — Jenn on September 29, 2022
      (Video) Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts - Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
      • Thankyou!

• — Dana on September 29, 2022
  • I’ve had Brussels sprouts before and it was “take ‘‘em or leave ‘em”, they were okay. I tried this recipe and LOVED them. I was out of balsamic vinegar and used balsamic fig glaze instead. Yum!!

• — Emelgee on August 25, 2022
  • Wow! Delicious! 🥰

• — Vironika on June 1, 2022
  • Thank you very much! This simple to make…and super tasty.

• — Frank on April 16, 2022
  • I love this recipe and so does my family and any guests I make it for. Most folks that say they don’t like Brussel sprouts, like this version.

The only better way to make brussel sprouts that I have found is this one… I ate these at a tapas restaurant in Portland, then searched it out online… So good, but not as good for you as Jenn’s. I usually make this for special occasions because it’s more of a rich dish.

The other thing about this sherry, bacon, cream sauce, is that it’s great as a base for a shrimp/chicken over pasta, with minor variations… Like a little lemon for shrimp, or some fresh basil for chicken.

If you have a few minutes free, try this recipe, you will love it.

• — Steve on April 10, 2022
  • I have been trying for years to make and be able to eat… these were absolutely delicious, even my picky son loved them!! The only regret I have is that I didn’t make more!! I will definitely make again soon!

• — Dusty Life on March 31, 2022
    (Video) I Tested Molly Baz's Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Warm Honey Glaze: Bon Appétit Recipe Review #57
  • Never thought of adding a touch of honey to this. Perfectly delicious!

• — Karen L. on February 24, 2022
  • I am not a real fan of brussel sprouts however found this recipe and created it for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. I actually enjoy eating brussel sprouts now. I am looking forward to the kale and brussel sprout salad. Thank you for making veggies tasty

• — Noma on February 14, 2022
  • I usually like to roast my Brussels after turning cut side up, seasoning with S&P and drizzling with maple syrup but this sounds fantastic. My next batch will be done this way.

• — Florida on February 9, 2022
  • Delicious! I’ve tried many roasted brussels with balsamic and this is definitely my favorite. Thank you for this recipe Jenn.

• — Barbara Carroll on January 31, 2022
    • What temp?

• — Rod on March 7, 2022
      • Hi Rod, they should be roasted at 425°F/220°C. Hope you enjoy!

(Video) Brussel sprouts with Bacon in a balsamic glaze

• — Jenn on March 8, 2022
  • I have made these 4 times in the last couple of months and they were a huge sucess. Easy to prepare and delicous to eat!

• — Connie Baron on January 23, 2022
  • Delicious. My husband who has hated brussels sprouts all his life (he’s 68) said he couldn’t believe I’d finally cooked them in a way that not only tasted amazing, but that he’d actually want to eat them again. Used really good balsamic (Maletti Regnani). Thank you

• — Marsha on January 23, 2022
  • How hot is the oven supposed to be?

• — Patti on January 8, 2022
    • Hi Patti, The oven should be heated to 425°F/220°C. 🙂

• — Jenn on January 10, 2022
  • I made this Brussel sprouts recipe today and we loved it. The finish with EVOO, balsamic, and honey elevates the flavor.

• — Dianne on January 5, 2022
  • Loved this recipe! I never really wanted to try brussels sprouts but my husband likes them. So I’ve spent years avoiding them. For New Year’s Eve I decided to try this recipe thinking that there was a shot I’d like it. WOW ! I loved it. I never would’ve thought I’d be someone eating brussels sprouts but it is really good recipe. I will absolutely be making it again and sharing it

• — Peggy on January 1, 2022

More Comments

(Video) Crispy Charred Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Balsamic Vinegar Recipe

FAQs

How do you roast Brussel sprouts without getting soggy? ›

Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and any other desired spice additions. Gently mix until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated, then spread them into a single layer on the baking sheet. For even better crisping, flip the Brussels sprouts so that they are all cut sides down.

Why won't my brussel sprouts get crispy? ›

If you want your roasted Brussels sprouts to be seriously crispy, you need to crank up the heat. Roasting at a low temperature won't allow them to brown properly, so you want to get that oven nice and hot before tossing in your baking sheet. Follow this tip: Roast Brussels sprouts at a minimum of 400°F.

How do you get the bitterness out of roasted brussel sprouts? ›

2) Do: Add salt

but we do know that salt takes down the bitterness of Brussels sprouts. It's not entirely clear how or why salt counters bitterness, but it does. Make sure you salt Brussels sprouts at the beginning of the cooking process. And then go in with a good pinch of sea salt or kosher salt before serving.

Why are my roasted brussel sprouts tough? ›

Like soggy steamed Brussels, Brussels sprouts that are dry and chewy are no good either. This could be caused by using too little oil for roasting. You need a nice coating of oil—enough to make the heads shiny or if they're cut, enough oil to get inside the folds of some of the leaves.

Videos

1. Balsamic Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
(Kevin Is Cooking)
2. Ina's Balsamic Brussels Sprouts | Food Network
(Food Network)
3. Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
(TipHero)
4. Crispy honey balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts
(Trazia Rae)
5. Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts - Easy Veggie Side | A Sweet Pea Chef
(Lacey Baier)