How to get Company Registration Number or CIN in India
Do you want to know what is Company Registration Number? Where to get the number? And, how to get it? If yes, then you are on the right page. Here in this article, we will discuss about – Company Registration Number (CRN) and how to get company registration number in India. CIN number of a company can be tracked in the official website of Ministry of Corporate Affairs by choosing the “Find CIN” option as under MCA services.
Company Registration Number or CRN is a unique number granted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) during the company registration process. It will also be displayed on the public register next to the company information. This unique registration number is published on your COI or Certificate of Incorporation and also printed on all the official documentation of the company. It is an automatically generated registration number and there is no option to choose or change your CRN.
You can obtain CIN byprocuring a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), Director Identification Number (DIN), getting the name approved and by filing documents of incorporation which includes the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the Company. The21 digitCIN has its own meaning which is easily translatable and which helps in finding basic information relating to a company. It is used for finding the primary details of the companies which are registered within the country under MCA.
With online registration, itenables business people to save more time and money because they can operate by themselves. This kind of registration excludes the need for printing applications, compiling reports, attending a specific place, and so on. Your Company Registration Number (CRN) is unique to your limited company or LLP. You can find iton your certificate of incorporationand any official documentation received from Companies House. Your CRN is also displayed on the public register of companies, which can be accessed online via Companies House Service.
What is Company Registration Number in India?
The company registration number, called the CIN number in Indian, isa unique number that is assigned by the Registrar of Companies(ROC). The ROC is found in various states in India and is under the Ministry of Coporate Affairs. It is used to find the primary details of any company registered in India.
CRNregistration is required for each jurisdiction where the equipment is used. Once registered, fabrication and inspection is handled the same as with National Board production. Once registered any number of identical vessels or fittings can be produced. CRN registered products can be built anywhere in the world.
Company Registration Number is also known as Corporate/Company Identification Number or CIN, itis a 21 digit unique alphanumeric number issued under the Companies Act 2013 to every company which are registered officially.
- The first letter of the CIN symbolizes the status of the company whether it is U or L, ‘U’ stands for the unlisted company and ‘L’ stands for the listed company.
- Next 5 digits represent the Industry to which the company activities belong to. It symbolizes the type of company. Below are some of the examples of ROC industry codes used in Company Registration Number or CIN Numbers are as follows:
- For Hospitals: 85110
- For retail sale business: 52341
- General higher education: 80301
- Mineral water industries: 15543
- Production, supply and documentation of non-customized or ready-made software: 72211
- Real estate business on a contract or a fee basis: 70200
- Travel agencies activities such as tour operators; tourist assistance: 63040
- Freight or cargo transport by motor vehicles: 60231
- Fairy farming and Farming of cattle, horses, asses, mules and hinnies: 01211
- Next two digits of the CIN symbolizes in which state the company is registered officially. It is the code of the state tagged with the company after the registration process. For instance, if the company is registered in Tamil Nadu then the state code will be TN
- Next 4 digits of the registration number denote the year in which the company has been registered.
- Next 3 letters represent the type of ownership of the company. For instance., PLC for Public Limited Company, SGC for Company of State Government, NPL for Section 8 Company or Not for Profit Company, OPC for One person Company and so on
- The last 6 digit of the company registration number is the actual unique Registration Number of the company which is allocated by the ROC officially.
Importance of Company Registration Number in India or CIN
Company Registration Number is used to track all the activities and functions of a company from its incorporation by the Registrar of Companies or ROC. It is required to be displayed or submit on all the transactions and documentation with the respective State’s ROC.
As the 21 digit CIN number is very unique and has its own meaning which is easily convertible that helps in detecting all the basic information about the company. This unique number is used to get the primary details about the companies which are formally registered under MCA. It can be used for fingering or tracking companies for various levels of details which MCA/ROC holds.
How to check the Company Registration Number Online
Anyone can check the Company registration number, date of incorporation, type of company, accusations of a company, directors of the company, and so on from the official MCA site. Even the documents like balance sheets, annual returns documents and other official documents can also available on the website and you can get it by paying the appropriate fees.
- Go toMCAwebsite
- Click MCA services tab on the home page. From the drop down, click ‘Find CIN’ under company services. The following page will be displayed.
- Choose one of the options mentioned above and fill the details to find CIN.
A company registration number is a 6-digit number while CIN is a 21-digit number.CRN only has numbers while CIN is alphanumeric. The registration number of a company can be checked only on MCA’s web portal. However, CIN is present in the Certificate of Incorporation sent by the ROC.
Steps to Check Company Registration Number Online:
Stepwise procedure to check the Company Registration Number on MCA
- Visit the MCA official website.
- Click the ‘MCA Services’ tab and tap on the ‘View Company/LLP Master Data’.
- Here you can search for CIN or CRN by tapping on the search icon which found beside the ‘Company/LLP Name’ tab. You can also get the company registration status by entering the CIN of the company and by entering the captcha code.
The result page will display the following information about the company:
- Company Registration Number or Company Identification Number
- Name of Company
- Date of Incorporation
- Category of the Company
- Class of company
- Authorized and details of paid-up capital
- Number of members of the Company
- Registered office address and e-mail
- Assets undercharge
- The details of the Company Directors
Where CIN or CRN has to be displayed?
Every company such asPublic and Private Limited etc. which is registered in India needs to mention its Company Identification Number or Company Registration Number on several documents such as:
- On Receipts and Invoices
- On Legal Notice
- On Company official Letterheads
- Annual Reports of the Company
- On all e-forms on the MCA portal.
- Any other official publications
- Penalty for non-compliance
In case the above-mentioned requirements aren’t followed then the defaulting company and its default officer can be penalized of Rs. 1,000/day, till such default continues. However, the maximum penalty amount for this default is restricted to Rs. 1,00,000.
Changing the Company registration number in India or CIN number
Company registration number or CIN which is issued under MCA to every registered company for identification can be altered in certain circumstances such as:
- Any change in the location of the company, such as changing from one state to another state
- Any change in the listing position of a company
- Any change in the sector or industry type to which a company belongs to.
- What Can be the Reasons behind Start-Up Failure in India
- Registration of Start-up (or) Company Registration in India
- Women Entrepreneurship
- What is the Cost to register a Private Limited Company in India?
Click on the 'Find CIN' option from the drop-down list under the 'Company Services' option. Select the 'Search Based on Existing Company / LLP Name' option. Type the company name under the 'Existing Company' option, enter the captcha code and click on the 'Search' button. The company's CIN will be displayed.
A company registration number is a 6-digit number while CIN is a 21-digit number. CRN only has numbers while CIN is alphanumeric. The registration number of a company can be checked only on MCA's web portal. However, CIN is present in the Certificate of Incorporation sent by the ROC.
How to track CIN of your company
- Registration number; or.
- Existing Company' name or the name of the Limited Liability Partnership; or.
- Inactive CIN; or.
- Name of old company or the name of the Limited Liability Partnership.
Check with the State Business Department
The first way to check registration is by visiting the state's website and looking for their registry of businesses. Note that the entity name check should always occur in the state where the business was incorporated, not necessarily where it is currently active.
Check out the company's address, phone number, and website to make sure they look legitimate. Be aware, though, that it's pretty easy for a company to get a fake address, phone number, and website. If you can, visit the company's physical address and talk to the people who work there.
- Step 1: Open the MCA website for MCA company search in any web browser.
- Step 2: Go to MCA Services in the main menu. ...
- Step 3: Fill in the company CIN (Company Identification Number), the company name and the captcha to complete the MCA company search.
The company registration number is a unique string of eight characters assigned to a company during the incorporation process. Its purpose is to identify the company and verify that it has been incorporated at Companies House as a legal entity (i.e., a 'legal person' in its own right).
What does a company registration number look like? A CRN will consist of eight numbers or a combination of eight alphanumeric characters, depending on where the company is incorporated.
- On your company's certificate of incorporation. ...
- Emails or letters from your company formation agent or accountant. ...
- Any official correspondence with Companies House, such as letters or emails.
CIN Number or Corporate Identity Number or Company Identification Number is a unique 21 digit alpha-numeric number given to all Private Limited Company, One Person Company, Limited Company, Section 8 Company, Nidhi Company and Producer Company registered in India.
- Better Business Bureau: Search BBB Business Reviews.
- Glo-Bis: Information on Any Company, Anywhere in the World.
- Export.gov: Due Diligence Reports.
- Dun and Bradstreet: Find a Company.
- Department of Commerce: Home Page.
- EIN Finder: Find an EIN.
- White Pages: Search.
In cooperation with the NCR and aim of honouring consumers' rights, our company also:
- complies to the NCA,
- adheres to a regulated fee structure and.
- practices an ethical code of conduct.
- Do Your Research. ...
- Timely and Professional Communication. ...
- Culture, Opportunity, Collaboration. ...
- Online Reviews. ...
- Look at How Companies Treat Staff. ...
- Ask Them in the Interview. ...
- Observe Company Culture. ...
- Informational Interviews with Employees.
- Check a private company's website for its annual revenues or for a press release announcing annual revenues. ...
- Contact the company to ask for its annual revenues or to request a copy of its annual report. ...
- Search online databases that provide financial information on private companies.
- 1 | Carefully Look at the Address Bar and URL. ...
- 2 | Check the Contact Page. ...
- 3 | Review the Company's Social Media Presence. ...
- 4 | Double Check the Domain Name. ...
- 5 | Look Up the Domain Age. ...
- 6 | Watch for Poor Grammar and Spelling. ...
- Use search engines & Chinese suppliers' directories. ...
- Make a phone call. ...
- Check business licenses. ...
- Ask for references. ...
- Get a sample. ...
- Money matters. ...
- Conduct factory audits (or at least pretend to) ...
- Make good use of databases.
The Administration for Market Regulation is the registration authority for Chinese enterprises. Therefore, this system is the most authoritative platform to verify the legal status of Chinese enterprises.
Since you have CIN number of company, you must have the name of company also. You can use GSTIN verification with name tool of KnowyourGST to find GST details by using name of the company. If you have only CIN and not company name then first find the name of company on MCA website.
How do I find my CIN number? You can obtain CIN by procuring a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), Director Identification Number (DIN), getting the name approved and by filing documents of incorporation which includes the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the Company.