“I have no Instagram notifications since yesterday on my iPhone XR it is a new phone that I just bought when I install the phone all was working perfectly but at night Instagram notifications stop showing up. Everything please I really need helppppp”
Imagine that you miss some important notifications on your Instagram account because you are not getting notifications on iPhone. This could be frustrating if you are the person who uses Instagram a lot, but you do not have to worry about that.
We have full solutions to this problem for you. To solve the problem of Instagram notifications not working on iPhone, learn the solutions below.
Part 1. Why is Instagram Notifications Not Working on iPhone
The Instagram notifications may stop working due to the reasons below:
- Out-of-date iPhone version: iOS devices running old iOS versions always has the issue of this Instagram problem.
- Old version of Instagram: The Instagram app with old version will also suffer from this Instagram notification problem.
- Unknown errors such as system crash and software glitches.
Part 2. Solutins on Instagram Notifications Not Working on iPhone
1. Turn On Instagram Notifications on iPhone
One of reason why you are facing the problem of Instagram notification not working on iPhone is that you have turned it off inadvertently. Simply correct this by heading to Settings and turning it back on.
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap "Notifications", and then "Instagram".
- Turn on the toggle switch beside "Allow Notifications", and turn on the "Show on Lock Screen" option.
- Change the default notification sound to any sound you prefer.
2. Check Notifications on Instagram App
The notification settings on Instagram app allows you to adjust the notifications to this app. So it is possible that you have turned off the notification option on this app. Open Settings and enter Notifications tab.
- Open Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Click on Profile icon from the bottom right and click on the hamburger icon on the top right.
- Click on Settings > Notifications to turn off the "Pause All" option.
3. Log Out from Instagram Account
Don't be discouraged if above methods don't actually work. You can try other methods to get Instagram notification, such as logout from your Instagram account:
- Open up the Instagram app and click on the three-bar icon on the top right corner of the profile screen.
- Click on Settings and select "Log Out" to log out from your account.
4. Clear Cache Data on Instagram
Another reason could be the corrupted data of Instagram. Cache data is used to keep the user information for furthur task. However, this may affect the Instagram notification if the cache data is broken. To address this issue, you can clear the cache data:
- Click on Settings app on iPhone and find General option.
- Tap on "General" and "iPhone Storage".
- After the storage data are loaded, scroll down to select "Instagram" and click on "Delete App".
This could delete all the cache data on this app.
5. Check Network Connection
Instagram notification will not show up if your iPhone is not connected to WiFi or Cellular data.
Thus it’s necessary to check the network connection on your iPhone. You can open any websites on Safari or Chrome to check whether you can visit this site. If the site can load, it means that there is no issues on the network.
6. Enable Background Refresh
- Go to iPhone Settings and click on General.
- Click on Background App Refresh and select an option of "WiFi" or "WiFi & Cellular Data".
- Then go back to Settings and ensure that the toggle near the Instagram is turned on.
7. Update the Instagram App
This message notification problem could also be the inbuilt bug of Instagram app. So you can try to update this app.
- Click on App Store.
- Hit on the account icon in the top right corner.
- Find Instagram app and click on "Update".
8. Reinstall the Instagram App and Enable Notification
If the method in (2) above does not work and you are still not getting Instagram notifications on iPhone, another thing you can do is delete the Instagram application and reinstall it.
Once the installation process is complete, you will get a prompt asking if you would like to turn on notifications for Instagram. Tap "Allow" to turn on notifications.
9. Turn Off Do Not Disturb
Do not Disturb is a feature on iPhone that turns off all notifications and this could be the reason for Instagram notifications not working. Check if Do Not Disturb is on and if yes, check out the steps to turn it off below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Do Not Disturb and turn off the toggle switch manually. After doing this, you should start getting Instagram notifications on your iPhone.
10. Restart Your iPhone
This is about the first and the easiest tricks that anybody will try if their iPhone is not performing as expected.
- To restart your iPhone, press and hold the power button for a few seconds until "Slide to Power Off" comes up on your screen.
- Use the slider to turn your iPhone off and wait for a minute or two. Turn the iPhone back on and check if your Instagram notification has started working.
If it still does not work, check out method 2 below.
11. Reset Network Settings
The problem of not getting Instagram notification on iPhone could sometimes be as a result of your iPhone being disconnected from the internet. You need to check if your iPhone is connected to the internet or not, you can reset your iPhone's network settings to fix the problem. Below are the steps to follow:
- Open Settings and tap General.
- Tap Reset and then Reset Network Settings.
This is yet another simple method to fix the problem of Instagram notifications not working. If this does not work, check out the next step below.
12. Update iPhone System
Apple will regularlly releases new updates to fix small glitches and bugs on iPhone, including the Instagram notification error. To update the device system:
- Open Settings app and click on General.
- Click on Software Update and hit the Download and Install button if the update is available.
Bonus tip: How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos from iPhone
Should you have any reasons to have the Instagram photos on your iPhone deleted, an effective tool to recover those deleted photos is FoneGeek iPhone Data Recovery. With this recovery tool, you can recover any deleted or lost data on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
It entails three major steps: Choose Recovery Mode; Scan and Preview Data; and Recover Data. FoneGeek iPhone Data Recovery supports all types of iPhone, iPad, and iPod including the latest series of these devices.
FoneGeek iPhone Data Recovery: Recover Data from iOS Devices (iOS 16 Supported)
- Instantly recover photos, videos, contacts, text messages, call logs, WhatsApp messages & attachments, Viber chat history, notes, voice memos, etc. from iOS devices.
- Recover data from dead/broken/disabled iPhone with or without backup.
- Selectively recover data from iTunes and iCloud backup without reset or restore the iOS system.
- Preview all deleted files for free with the free trial version before recovery.
- Works for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch even though they have been ungraded to the newest iOS 16.
With all of the highlighted steps above, you can easily fix the problem of Instagram notifications not working without leaving the comfort of your home. You do not have to worry about not getting notifications on iPhone anymore, and you can enjoy using your Instagram and get all the necessary notifications promptly.
Also, if you lose your Instagram photos or other data and you would like to recover them, we have treated that too at some point in the article. We have also recommended out best photo recovery software FoneGeek iPhone Data Recovery tool to help you recover your deleted photos. Download and install the software today on your PC or MacBook and never have to worry about deleted files and pictures.
Notification issues may stem from not having the most up-to-date version of Instagram. In addition to bug fixes, updates may also include new app features. To remedy this, update the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android. You can check for available updates in the App Store on iPhone or Google Play Store on Android.Why wont Instagram notify me when I get a message? ›
Push Notification Settings are turned off: Sometimes on your iOS or Android phone, you might find that your push notifications are turned off for Instagram. You won't receive notifications if this is the case.Why am I not getting notifications from Instagram when my notifications are on 2022? ›
Open up the phone settings on your Android device. Select 'Apps' then find and click on 'Instagram'. Tap 'Notifications'. Look through your notification settings and check if you have any blocked.Why am I not getting Instagram notifications even though they are on iPhone? ›
Check Notifications Settings on an iOS Device
Click on Notifications. In the Notification Style section, search and tap Instagram. Turn on the slider next to Allow Notifications.
Cause of Notifications Not Showing up on Android
Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode is on. Either system or app notifications are disabled. Power or data settings are preventing apps from retrieving notification alerts. Outdated apps or OS software can cause apps to freeze or crash and not deliver notifications.
Select Apps and Notifications. Select Manage Apps or App Info. Find Instagram, and select it. Select Notifications, and enable which type of notifications you want to receive.
To turn it off, go to Settings > Do not Disturb to toggle it off. If your iPhone is running iOS 15, you need to open Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb. When you disable the Do Not Disturb mode, the iPhone push notifications not working issue should be fixed.Why am I suddenly not getting notifications on my iPhone? ›
You can fix an iPhone that's not getting notifications by restarting it or making sure notifications are turned on. You should also make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet so apps can receive notifications. If all else fails, you should try resetting the iPhone — just make sure to back it up first.